Being a new stay at home mom, means I have a little more time (that’s still questionnable) on my hands. With one less salary I would like to save a little bit of money instead of spending it. Also making your own cleaning products means you can control what in it, less chemicals.
Here are 3 cleaning products to try at home. I have yet to try the bathroom cleaner, but the other I have tried and I really like.
All-in-one Bathroom Cleaner
- 2 cups warm water (distilled for longer-term use or tap water for short-term use)
- 1 TB baking soda
- 2 TB liquid castile soap (where to buy)
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1-16oz. glass spray bottle
- Pour the warm water into the bottle, followed by the baking soda. Shake the bottle to combine the ingredients. Add the castile soap and essential oils, gently shaking the bottle to combine.
- Use this spray to clean the tub, tile, toilet, sink, and even floor (particularly around the toilet.) Spray the surface, allow the cleaner to sit for a minute, then wipe with a damp cloth. Rinse the cloth as needed.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 drops of your favorite essential oil (I love the smell of lavender)
- Spray Bottle
- Pour all ingredients together in an empty spray bottle
- Shake well to combine all ingredients
Carpet and mattress Powder
This powder is to clean and freshen your carpets or your mattresses. Vacuuming your mattresses every few weeks will help to control dust mites that live in your mattresses. The baking soda draws out moisture and dirt, it also deodorizes and leaves the mattress smelling fresh and clean. The Lavender oil helps calm stress and anxiety and promotes sleep….plus it just SMELLS wonderful!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4-5 drops of lavender essentiel oil
- Air tight container
- Pour baking soda through a sifter or strainer to lightly dust your mattress with it. I used about a cup for twin sized bed and 2 cup for a queen sized.
- Leave on for an hour or more, allowing it time to draw out dirt, moisture, and odor.
- Using the hose end of your vacuum and an upholstery attachment, thoroughly vacuum the mattress.