Spring cleaning is the opportunity to get rid of dust and grime that has built up around the house over the winter, as well as an opportunity to de-clutter. I haven’t done the Konmari Method, but a simple decluttering will do, especially in the kids room, get rid of the too small clothes and toys they don’t play with anymore or the broken ones.
Spring cleaning is also the opportunity to open the window and let the fresh air come in the home, after cleaning you will have that clean fresh smell, all over the house.
Things not to forget while cleaning.
- Air filter and ducts
- Cleaning your washing machine and dishwasher
- Range hood filter
- Behind and under all furniture
These are things that we might forget to clean during our spring cleaning, like the saying goes, out of sight out of mind.
While you are decluttering here are a list of items to throw out or to give to charity.
- Old magazines
- Receipts, bills, and documents, throw away receipts for items that you aren’t planning on returning, and ones that you won’t need to use come tax time.
- Old or unused electronics
Here is cleaning to do list, for each room in the house.
- Clean microwave and oven.
- Hood range filter
- Wipe down pantry and fridge.
- Organize and toss expired foods.
- Clean kitchen sink and under the sink.
- Wipe down walls, and wash garbage can.
- Clean stove top, kitchen surface areas, and floor.
- Clean medicine cabinet and storage.
- Trash expired items, and declutter.
- Clean shower, tub, shower curtains, and walls.
- Clean toilet, bathroom surface areas, mirror, and floor.
- Clean mirrors, windows, blinds, and curtains.
- Organize closet and drawers, and declutter.
- Deep-clean mattress, and wash pillows, linens, and comforter.
- Vacuum, mop, or sweep floor; clean under and behind furniture.
- Clean furniture, walls, and fixtures.
- Wash cushions, seat, and sofa covers.
- Clean throws, rugs, chairs, and tables.
- Clean TV and electronics.
- Declutter, and toss unwanted items.
- Vacuum, mop, or sweep floor; clean under furniture.
- Clean walls and fixtures.
- Clean windows, blinds, and curtains.
- Clean washing machine and dryer.
- Clean patio and outdoor equipment.
- Clean car and car seat.
- Clean vacuum and cleaning supplies.